 Hi, if I could have a group for half a day, I would have them write a book.
We use to play this game where you would start them off with the first
sentence then each person would add a sentence to the story. You could do
something like that with each student adding a line to the story then give
them time illustrate the book. When they were done you could add it to your
collection or give it to a classroom at the beginning of school. Another
thing that my kids love  is to do Reader's theater and perform it. If you
had enough kids to divide into three or four groups, they could work on it
for a while then perform it the same day. I would also let the kids make
bulletin boards for the school year. Have them design it and do it on paper
the size of your board then as the year goes just put the new one up. The
kids love seeing stuff like that. Especially when they can think back and
"say I remember doing that, you should have been there. That was cool." You
als might check out the Streachy lesson books. They have a lot of good
activites from food, crafts, to lessons but you can't do it all in a 20
minute library schedule.
Please post a hit if you get some good ideas.

Hope this helps
Mary Taylor
Holdenville Public Schools
Holdenville, OK
mtaylor@holdenville.k12.ok.us

 This e-mail is made of 100% recycled electrons.
           (No electrons were harmed in this process )