Being a power hungry male animal, I make all decisions when it involves the
library. I, and I only, make the decision who comes, who stays, and who leaves...
Much simpler that way - as the study hall teacher wouldn't know if I had several
classes in the library  or I was at a meeting and not even in the library (one man
library here - and no way to lock it as we are also a hall way).

Makes it all very clean. I have done this in 3 schools so far - with no complaints,
no hassles. This also teaches the student to plan ahead - no last minute "I have to
go to the library" situations. Saying that, there are always of course those
emergencies that pop up - but they are rare.

Allan

Dr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo, MGC
Director of Library Services
Bishop Kearney High School | A Golisano Education Partner
125 Kings Highway South
Rochester, New York 14617
585.342.4000 x231
585.342.4694 (fax)