I didn't really find what I was looking for, but I was pretty sure it didn't exist
in the first place, so that's no reflection on LM_NET. There were a few solutions
that might work for other people, and I did have several requests to share the
information I got, so here goes. Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Original post:

I have an old TV that I'm trying to hook up to a newer VCR. I have it connected,
but I cannot get the TV to go to channel 3 or 4 for the input (yes, it's that old,
it has no A/V inputs). The channel presets are set, and the menu button on the TV
does not work. If we ever had a remote for this TV it's long gone. I can go buy a
universal remote if I need to, but first I thought I'd see if anyone had any
brilliant ideas on how I can get this to work.

I am having the same issue and think the only solution is a universal remote. If
you get any different feedback, please share.
____________________

keeping the vcr playing and maybe it will pick up the channel once its playing.
____________________

If your TV is really really old, it may have a small toggle switch on the back to
switch from ch 3 to4 - or not!
____________________

Morning - we did this last year and ended up borrowing the remote. Neither the
Technology person nor I could figure out anything to make it work. And even with
the universal remote we had to really work at it. If you find out anything
different please post a HIT, we just borrow one anytime we have a problem.
____________________

Here's a thought: Get a remote that's working--wish you lived around the corner. I
have several spare remotes--and manually enter the channel you want to view and try
to work from there. I know how frustrating that is. Otherwise, how old is old? You
could try to go to the Radio Shack site and search or see if you can find a site
for the actual model of the TV or at least the manufacturer, and see about ordering
an original remote. Good luck.
Another thought--can you put the word out that you'll accept a donation of another
working TV?
____________________

Do you have a remote from another VCR or DVD player that is the same manufacturer?
Sometimes they have an AUX or TV option that you can use. I've done this before
with TVs that have lost their remote. If not, a universal remote is the only answer.

Sarah Loch
Librarian
Valley Park Alternative School
4510 Bawell Street