Greetings fellow LM_NETers,
I am hoping for some help in creating a list of "best selections for
children to understand death and the feelings they have when it is the death
of someone close to them and how children may grieve in a developmentally
appropriate manner."  My father is a director of bereavement services for a
hospice association in Canada that has recently received a grant for
acommunity lending and resource library on bereavement.  They can come up
with appropriate books for adults, but are having difficulties finding
resources for children.  A list of childrens books in the appendix of one of
their recently updated books turns out to be a section that was not updated,
and most of the books are from the early 1980s.  So I am turning to this
great, vast community for your input on books you have discovered that help
relate the experience of death, grief, and bereavement for children.  A few
books for adolescents would be helpful as well.  I can come up with a few
selections myself, but I don't want to rely on my collection and/or Internet
reviews to come up with recommended books.  Thank you in advance to those
who can assist me and I will try to post a HIT list once the information is
compiled.

Brian T Kemp, MSIS
Librarian
St. Louis Catholic School