Barbara, you are welcome.

Why all the commotion over these? I don't remember anything said about the
others. Is the  answer because the others were included in IP  publication
and not a separate document?  Pardon me if this has been discussed.

I believe that most SLMS don't even venture beyond their state information
curriculum / scope & sequence   ( IF there are any).   If not,  then local
school districts use their state's curriculum and standards  to create their
own information curriculum / scope & sequence. Yes, the national I L
standards find their way onto the local information skills  curriculums and
scope and sequences.

I belive the 21st century standards and the  ISTE  technology standards
would better serve us if they were merged. ( if I am wrong then forgive me)
Too many standards out there. Let's not forget each content area has its own
national standards. Standards overload !   WHich do we use?  which
objective number is listed in lesson plans?  Principals don't have a clue to
national standards and probably don't care. Yes, there is always a teaching
moment for administrators.   As long as we are teaching/instructing/covering
the state objectives & standards, national standard objectives and numbers
are not going to make too much impact to those who "sign the checks"!
With states having their own information skills  curriculum / scope &
sequence made from the state's content area curriculum, I really question
the need for national standards.  That may not set well with some readers. I
agree  national standards do lay the groundwork and background for state &
local SLMS  instruction.

Robert Joyce
Virginia
rajoyce59@verizon.net