Haley -

One example was the professional development opportunity through the 2009 KS Summer
Institute for School Librarians.  Since you were there, you know that this
Instiutte focuses on a topic of current interest to practicing librarians (and can
be taken for continuing education credit or graduate college credit).  This year
the topic was partnering to teach reading comprehension.

SLIM has had a schedule of at lesat one professional development offering for
school librarians, which are offered most  semester.  I suggest watching the SLIM,
School Library Media Website for announcements.
http://slim.emporia.edu/index.php/admission/school-library-media-licensure/

Mirah Dow, BSE, MLS, PhD
Associate Professor
Coordinator, School Library Media Licensure Program
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University
mdow@emporia.edu

>>> Haley Tyson <tyson@USD454.NET> 07/18/09 3:55 PM >>>
I am a new SLMS, and currently obtaining my Master's degree through
Emporia State University.  I was wondering if someone could recommend
to me what professional development I could take as a new SLMS that is
offered in the state of Kansas.

Haley Tyson, SLMS
Burlingame School Burlingame, Ks
tyson@usd454.net