Thank you for your thoughts, Barbara.  I don't think the AASL will hunt me down if
I mention it in my lesson plans,  but I'm talking District Curriculum here.  I want
my district to aim
for the information literacy standards set by THE American Library
Association,  not *my* standards.  I was going to use 21st Century standards to
completely revitalize/revolutionize  the District Library
curriculum, along with State Standards for Reading and Writing..  My district
is happy with state standards  - which
is different from Information Literacy, as *we* all know. As a modern, vital,
relevant librarian,  I feel the need for
more, when it comes to goals for making modern students successful users of
information.   I thought the AASL had done an heroic job  to keep us from having to
reinvent the wheel (during our prep times, thank you very much).

Meg Hawkins  MLS
Librarian
Darby Township School 1-8
Glenolden PA