Hi All, While we do need benchmarks and standards it is important to
stress that information literacy is an evolving skills set that is
driven by the technology agenda. As new technology comes on board, so
too will new skills be required. The really important skills such as
information management, location, evaluation, synthesis, information
application, problem-solving and other higher order thinking skills
remain the same/generic. Applying these to new technologies is evolving.
:)
BC

Vice President, Advocacy & Promotion, IASL: www.iasl-online.org
The GiggleIT Project: www.iasl-online.org/sla/giggleIT/index.htm
LIS@ECU: www.chs.ecu.edu.au/portals/LIS/index.php
Australian School Library Research Project:
www.chs.ecu.edu.au/portals/ASLRP/
Barbara Combes, Lecturer
School of Computer and Security Science Edith Cowan University, Perth
Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9370 6072
Email: b.combes@ecu.edu.au

"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that
of an ignorant nation." Walter Cronkite

This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify me immediately by return email or telephone and destroy
the original message.