At 09:36 AM 07/21/2009, Eric and Linda Lay wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I have a question for you. Has anyone ever heard of "renting" a
>textbook? ... I know I'll never use the
>book again,

I have heard of renting text books.  It sounds as if you know what
you need to know.  What is the downside?

However, I would not be so quick to assume that you will never use
the book again.  I used some of my text books for many years after
graduation.  I still have my 1967 ed of AACR just in case I need to
check how books were handled then.  Even the  _Guide to Reference
Books_ by Constance Wintchell from 1967 has value today.   I have
acquired some library science books that are more than 20 years
because they still have value.  (Perhaps I'm a little of an except
because  I teach library science?)

Tell me the book and I'll give my opinion if it has lasting value?

DS

Daniel Stuhlman
Chicago, IL
ddstuhlman at earthlink.net