Hi,
  Before ALA I had asked about parking lots in/near Midway airport.  I really feel
like I need to share my experiences in case  others ever consider driving to Chicao
and have the same concerns I had (cost of parking in the city, driving in the city
at all, safety of parking).  The first two responses I got suggested that I not
park at/near Midway at all because it's in a bad neighborhood.  One person
suggested the lot Airways and 2 people suggested Midway Park Ride Fly.  After
checking the two lots on Google Earth and talking to the Midway PRF I decided to
give it a try.  My experience with this lot was excellent.  This outfit runs
parking lots at many airports around the country.  I was able to make a reservation
online, with a deposit,  from the Midway site (you can save a little money by going
to the PRF website itself and paying in advance).  Getting to the lot was very
simple (it's only a couple of blocks from an I-55 exit to Midway).  I pulled in,
took a ticket, and was directed by the booth attendant to follow the directions of
a person with a clipboard who directed me to follow a shuttle bus to my parking
space.  Before I even got out of my car they had me pop the trunk and they began
after dropping other passengers off at various airlines.  The biggest pleasant
surprise was on our return where they directed our cab to take us directly to our
parking spot. The lot is completely fenced and has security cameras.   Parking was
just over $10 a day, compared with $32 at the hotel or 25 or 50 at Midway.  Of
course we had to pay for a cab to/from the airport but we'd have had to pay that if
we'd flown in.  You can take the train in a lot cheaper but we had too much stuff.
 Overall we saved about $18 over parking near the hotel which isn't a lot but the
added benefit of not having to drive in the city made it well worthwhile.

Joanne Proctor, retired LMS
Topeka, KS
joproctor@cox.net
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain."--Louisa May Alcott

In the message write EITHER:
1) SIGNOFF LM_NET
2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
3) SET LM_NET MAIL