Have I got a great course for you!
Check out the California School Library Association School Library
Learning 2.0 tutorial:

schoollibrarylearning2.blogspot.com

It's free, can be completed at home, online 24/7.  If you want units,
you can get them from Fresno Pacific University [there is a cost to
that].   After you have completed this course, [ gather your library
colleagues to work through it with you - it's a lot more fun!]  you
can then feel confident enough to lead your classroom colleagues in
the classroom Learning 2.0 tutorial:

classroomlearning2.blogspot.com

Leading professional development is one of the best advocacy actions
you can take and these tutorials are designed to encourage library/
classroom collaboration.

For those who are interested in learning more about assistive
technology, our newest offering is:

http://discoveringat.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!
Connie