Hey folks. Look here:

http://www.almevents.com/conf_page.cfm?pt=includes/webpages/webwysiwyg.cfm&w
eb_page_id=10102&web_id=1198&instance_id=24&pid=809

Social Media is a powerful tool that is rapidly gaining acceptance as the
next revolution in business communication.  There are,  however, significant
potential risks associated with this phenomenon that you need to examine
today.

As social media become more and more a common business practice, you must
develop sound social media policies, best practices and be fully aware of
the potential legal issues surrounding this coming-of-age medium.

This comprehensive, dynamic event will explore the inherent challenges of
social media and will arm you with the specific tools necessary to protect
your company, your intellectual property and your reputation in todayıs
virtual world.  Find out how to safeguard yourself and your business through
insightful sessions focused on

* The Social Media Sensation: Pressure to Keep up in the Digital Age
* Exposure, Liability and Consequences of Your Business and Social Media
* Develop your Companyıs Corporate Policy for Social Media
* Protecting your Companyıs Identity in a Virtual World
* Risks from Employees Past, Present and Future
* Safeguarding your Companyıs Intellectual Property
* Best Practices for Social Media

Challenges from Social Media are only one inappropriate ³tweet² away.
Register for this timely program today and ensure you understand the
inherent perils of the market and construct the proper policies to protect
your company and ensure future growth.

Look closely at the agenda. If you want some ammunition to promote web 2.0
in schools - and to create the appropriate digital media literacy sills,
this agenda looks like it.

BTW, after I get my current materials done I am going to do some work I this
area.

Nancy

--
Nancy Willard, M.S., J.D.
http://csriu.org

Cyberbullying and Cyberthreats: Responding to the Challenge of Online Social
Aggression, Threats, and Distress (Research Press)

Cyber-Safe Kids, Cyber-Savvy Teens: Helping Young People Learn to Use the
Internet Safely and Responsibly (Jossey-Bass)