Hello all, I promised a hit and in the press of end of the year work, I
forgot all about it. (I am hanging my head in shame.)

I did quite a bit of research and decided to give iAntivirus a try. So far
it seems to be working quite well. http://www.iantivirus.com/

Original posting -- Hi all, I just bought a new MacBook.(It is a thing of
beauty!)  I want to be able to use it at school and connect to our network.
Because our tech guys will most likely require that the computer have
Anti-virus software, I am looking for recommendations. From what I have been
finding in blogs, etc., as of early December 2008 Apple is suggesting that
anti-virus software is probably a good idea for all macs. I have been
wondering how long it would be before the individuals who love to create
viruses will take on the challenge of creating havoc for macs.

What can other mac users suggest?

**

Use Firefox as your browser and always stay current on any updates. Web of
trust (WOT) is a good add-on. All these are free.

(I had already done this and it wasn’t enough protection for my tech guys.
Nonetheless, this is excellent advice for all and if you haven’t added
WOB-Web of Trust to Firefox do it today. Barb)

**

Our entire agency (which is pretty big) uses Symantec and we seem to be
along all right.

**

Don't fool yourself, Macs are every bit as penetrable and vulnerable as
PC's, believe me identity thieves are already going after Macs.

**

I use Intego Virus BarrierX4. I had read on Mac sites about the
disadvantages of Norton (used it for years, but it was getting intrusive)
and this was recommended so I gave it a try. I have it on all three Macs and
have never had (fingers crossed) a virus in 3 years.

"Librarian. Genetically predisposed to answer questions and correct
misconceptions - whether asked or not." 2 01 2007

"Where all think alike, no one thinks much." ~~ Walter Lippman

Barbara Fritz
Elementary Librarian
Bloomsburg Area School District
Bloomsburg PA