Thanks to everyone for your replies!

Original question:
> I'm looking for picture books that illustrate balance, either
> literally of figuratively. I only can think of Mirette on the High
> Wire and The Man Who Walked Between the Towers.
> Can you help?

HIT:

Ten Apples Up on Top by Eastman (Cat In the Hat Imprint)
Cat In the Hat by Seuss
Silly Sally by Woods
Things That Balance by Patty Whitehouse, Rourke Publishing, 2007.
You Can Use a Balance by Linda Bullock, Children's Press, 2003.
Caps for Sale  by Esphyr Slobodkina
Boing By Verena Friesleben, Milet, 2000.

A Fine, Fine School by Sharon Creech would address the balance between
school and other activities.

Pamela Burke
Librarian, Marlboro School
Marlboro, VT 05344