Hi All,
It is important to attend local professional development and state
conferences. This is where we can network and begin our professional
journey re-presenting and publishing. In schools, we tend to be isolated
and often work as lone practitioners. When international conferences are
in your area then you should attend them too, if you can. In Australia
we can claim expenses on tax as part of our professional development and
further learning.

IASL has a commitment to travelling to a different continent every year.
Although setting up and running annual conferences is difficult at the
international level, IASL is also committed to having an annual
conference to spread the word and 'maintain the rage' internationally.
Some countries are way worse off and struggle to have a presence in
schools. IASL is also looking at conducting local conferences and online
conferences so people from far and wide can participate.

Check out the IASL website and begin your international collaboration by
joining the GiggleIT competition (closes July 31st - where kids around
the world nominate a new word that better describes/takes the place of
the term ebook - lots of fab prizes). Take a look at the GiggleIT
project too - fully resourced and all free.

www.iasl-online.org

Join IASL and take on an international perspective.
:)
BC

Vice President, Advocacy & Promotion, IASL: www.iasl-online.org
LIS@ECU: http://www.chs.ecu.edu.au/portals/LIS/index.php
Australian School Library Research Project:
http://www.chs.ecu.edu.au/portals/ASLRP/
Barbara Combes, Lecturer
School of Computer and Information Science Edith Cowan University, Perth
Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9370 6072
Email: b.combes@ecu.edu.au

"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that
of an ignorant nation." Walter Cronkite

This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify me immediately by return email or telephone and destroy
the original message.