was goin
Thank you for your responses to my inquiry!Here they are!

was going to recommend Jarrett....wasn't

he
amazing and the kids had a wonderful time.  Plus, there was so much

do to prepare them, with his you tube videos, etc.

Anyway,
have you had Peter Catalanotto?  He lives in Pennsylvania.  We

had
him many years ago and he was just as great.

Others
were Denise Brunkus --she lives in Mass. now.  Dan Gutman-lives

in
NJ, very particular though.  Chris Soentpiet-lives in NY.  Jack

Gantos-the
best....very expensive, he lives in Boston.

Someone
mentioned to me that you might be interested in my services. I handle author
appearances for about 75 children’s book authors and illustrators. Books for
all ranges are represented, from pre-school to young adult. Some of these
authors and artists are well known (for example, Avi, Emily Arnold McCully,
Eloise Greenfield); others are lesser known but may be more affordable. Most of
them are also available to speak to adult groups and/or do in-service programs
for teachers.

thought you might be interested in taking a look at my website when you find
yourself planning future author appearances.

All
the authors I represent, plus a few others, can be found on www.BalkinBuddies.com,
which provides
bios, photographs, honorariums, references, details about presentations, books,
publishers, book ordering information, speakers’ traveling schedules,
information on selected grants, and much more.

Should
you have any questions about any of these authors or artists, please don’t
hesitate to ask. I’ll be glad to help.

Sincerely,

Catherine
Balkin

Author
Appearance Coordinator

Balkin
Buddies

Telephone
718 857 7605

Email
Catherine@BalkinBuddies.com

Website
www.BalkinBuddies.com

Peter Catalanotto is amazing with the students. He is from
eastern Pennsylvania. We had him at our school last December and the students
still name him as their favorite author. And they can say his name correctly,
too! I would highly recommend him.

I would recommend author/illustrator/poet/singer
 Daniel Kirk.  Check his website.  He was very well received at
our small  PreK - 3rd grade school.

We
had Kate McMullan this year and she did a nice job.  The best part was how
much fun the k-2 students had in preparing for her visit.  her character
Fluffy was a lot of fun for this age group.

Last
year we had Ralph Masiello, illustrator and also John Himmelman- the kids loved
his books as well.