I wanted to let you all know about a fantastic tool that launches today
at www.penguin.com/thepublishersoffice

This interactive website called "From the Publisher's Office" features
three online video channels: The Screening Room, The Radio Room, and The
Reading Room.

Of particular interest are two series within The Screening Room called
"Penguin Storytime" and "YA Central."

Penguin Storytime features video interviews with bestselling picture
book authors and illustrators, like Jon Scieszka (THE STINKY CHEESE MAN)
and Judy Schachner (SKIPPYJON JONES) as well as special read aloud
segments. These episodes are great for author study units in classrooms,
for storytimes, and as teaching tools for modeling read-alouds.

On each episode of YA Central, we feature an in-depth interview with an
award-winning and popular teen author, like John Green (LOOKING FOR
ALASKA and PAPER TOWNS), Laurie Halse Anderson (SPEAK and WINTERGIRLS),
and Lauren Myracle (PEACE, LOVE, & BABY DUCKS and the
ELEVEN/TWELVE/THIRTEEN series). Then a group of teens join the author
for an interactive book club format Q&A. These episodes make great
reading group and book club discussion group companions!

The site also features links to free downloadable items like printable
discussion guides, bonus materials, websites, blogs, and more. The
videos and materials can also be e-mailed and shared via Digg, Twitter,
Delicious and Technorati, among others.

Our hope is that you'll be able to use this site and the assets posted
there as tools in your schools and libraries to help your students and
patrons and even staff members get closer to their favorite authors and
books.

Episodes featuring authors such as Anna Dewdney, Tomie dePaola, T.A.
Barron, Sarah Dessen, Richard Peck, Jacqueline Woodson, and many more
will follow in the months ahead. We're just beginning this program and
would LOVE to hear your response and feedback. Feel free to email me at
this address with questions, comments, or stories about how you were
able to use the website.

Thank you!

All best,

Kim

Kimberly Lauber

Assistant Manager, Educational Marketing

Penguin Young Readers Group

345 Hudson Street | New York, NY 10014

Phone: 212.414.3440 | Fax: 212.414.3393

kimberly.lauber@us.penguingroup.com

www.penguin.com/teachersandlibrarians
<http://www.penguin.com/teachersandlibrarians>

This summer, come...

Along for the Ride

The newest Sarah Dessen. On sale June 16.

www.sarahdessen.com

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.