I have a new blog post, which I've included below. Also, the Teacher Tube
group is up to 437 members and a new video was added yesterday. (Thanks
Christine Acosta, of Taft ISD in Texas!)  Remember, in order to view or post
videos, you must first request membership and wait to be approved.
 Sometimes this happens quickly, and sometimes I don't get to it for a
couple of days.  I am reachable via Yahoo Messenger--if you would like to
contact me this way, feel free to add the username "pettushs" The address
for the TT group is
http://teachertube.com/members/groupHome.php?group_id=booktrailersforall
Blessings,

Teresa

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_egYGOySPHQw/SjvI3iWfBTI/AAAAAAAAAow/OaWgU33kBN0/s1600-h/bait.JPG>
BAITby Alex Sanchez
AR:  Not Yet
Interest Level:  Upper Grades

The cover of this book caught my eye while I was browsing the new releases
at Barnes and Noble.  When I read the book's summary, I knew it was a book I
had to read.  BAIT is the story of Diego, a teenage boy who is living with a
great deal of pain and guilt he's carried over from his childhood.  He was
born in Mexico and came to America as a small boy when his mom married Mac,
the man who would become his stepfather--and the only father figure he would
ever know.   There is a great deal more to Diego's and Mac's relationship
than meets the eye, and when Mac commits suicide, Diego is left to deal with
the secrets and lies that are woven into the essence of who he is as a
person.

The book opens with Diego being introduced to Mr. Vidas, his probation
officer.  He's in trouble for punching a known gay guy in the face when the
guy flirted with him.  At first, Diego is defiant and reluctant to talk to
Mr. Vidas.  It doesn't take long though, for him to realize that Mr. Vidas
genuinely cares and wants to help him. Mr. Vidas tells Diego that he has to
deal with his anger or it will deal with him--and that one phrase makes so
much sense to Diego that he decides to open up to his probation officer.
 The reader is taken on a painful journey of fear, pain, guilt, abuse, and
self-hatred as Diego struggles to deal with his past.

This was a difficult book to read, but it is a powerful book that I feel
will help so many who have been abused.  It's definitely not a book that
everyone will be comfortable reading, but reading this book could be a
life-changing event for someone who really needs it's message.

Well done, Alex Sanchez!
--
Teresa Schauer
District Librarian/Pettus ISD