Remember the old "When I Become a Teacher" TEACH DIFFERENT video?
YouTube http://u.nu/8x7e
TeacherTube http://u.nu/469e

--I want to lecture all day long.
--I want to be the sage on the stage.
--I want to teach to the test.
--I want a computer just to record grades.
--I want to cover rather than uncover material and use chalk.
--I want to teach 1 year 25 times.
--etc.

There's a great new version, made by the faculty and students of a (K-8)
school: "When I Become a Teacher:  Remix."
YouTube: http://u.nu/4x7e.

--Collaborative work will be as important as individual work.
--PBL won't just be an acronym.
--I want to edit, remix and share media with my students.
--I'll expect change.
--I'll develop my own personal learning network.
--I will encourage appropriate online interaction.
--Students will help to solve real world problems.
--I won't fear technology, I'll embrace it!
--and more!

WOW!  What a contrast! Hope someone will move this to TeacherTube or
other "school-accessible" site soon! I sent a message to the producer
and asked him to do so. I can see it being used in those back-to-school
meetings for sure!  I'd use it that way!  Great conversation starters.

(If it's on TeacherTube already, let me know.  Their search engine and I
don't get along very well!)

Thanks to Stephen Abrams' Lighthouse blog for the info: http://u.nu/369e

Donna Baumbach
baumbach@mail.ucf.edu