Rebecca,

I wrote a review of "Brain Pop" last January (2008).  Here's the link to the
online article:

http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6515285.html?q=brainpop

Overall, I thought it was a very useful tool with elementary and middle
school students.  In fact, I offered my son (a fourth grader at the time)
the option to try it out to give me some feedback on whether it was fun or
just "silly."  He reported that he LOVED it!  In fact, he browsed the games,
used the resources, watched the videos, and actually stayed with the program
for a least an hour (much longer than most might in a classroom
environment).

However, the real test came when about two months later he came to me asking
where the BrainPop link was on our computer because he wanted to check out
something on a topic that he saw there (and that they were talking about in
his social studies class).  When I told him that it was only a trial and
that I didn't have it for us at home, he was devastated!!  He has actually
reminded me several times to purchase the product "for home use" because he
LOVES it!

While "my kid" won't be like "every kid" out there, I do think that this is
a great resource (from both a teacher / librarian's perspective....and from
the geeky librarian's kid!

Hope this helps some!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Curriculum Materials Librarian

http://okschoollibrarians.wikispaces.com
http://okschoollibrarians.ning.com/

"Digital Resources" columnist
School Library Journal

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get
you through times of no libraries." ~ Library Poster