Last Friday I hosted author David Greenberg at our school. He totally  capti
vated my entire school-from K-4. He tailored his program for the younger  ones.
David's books are all written in verse.(Bugs, Snakes, Crocs,  Slugs, etc.) As
I did an author study prior to his visit, he was a  great bridge between Dr.
Seuss and Poetry Month. He had the  students laughing for 40 minutes. He was
interesting and informative.  David is a gracious, enthusiastic author. He
lives in Oregon but he flew to New  York -at his own expense. I must say that I
would recommend David Greenberg for  any elementary school. He has recently
written a novel for young adults  concerning the civil rights movement. It seems
his father is Jack Greenberg who  was a prominent lawyer who worked for Martin
Luther King Jr.  He  also has developed a program for middle and high schools
on this  book.

Debbie Bergen
Archer Street School
Freeport, NY 11520