I just received a new DVD which included a digital copy. The idea is
that the digital copy may be used to put the dvd on a computer and from
there to an iPod or similar device. A 16-digit serial number is
provided. I would assume, therefore, that the other disk has some sort
of copy protection on it that will allow it to be played on a regular
dvd player, but not copied to a hard drive.

I'm thinking that I ought to lock that serial number up (along with a
note to remind me of what it is for), lest someone take the copy and
serial number home and add the movie to their collection. I've never run
into this before, so I'm hoping that one of you has, and has figured out
a solution.

Thanks.

--
David Lininger, kb0zke