Greetings everyone,

I need a little input and advice for a program I'm doing next week.

I will be doing a program (1-11/2 hours long) during an open convocation hour about
the childrens and YA award winners for this year.? No problem there--I'm ready.?

The second?thing they've asked me to do is provide suggestions for books to give as
gifts and answer questions about possible gift books.? Because giving a book as a
gift is such an individual decision,?I'm having a hard time deciding how to
approach this.? I'm thinking about giving some general suggestions aobut how to
keep abreast of new kids books, and databases like NovelList that will help?people
find similar types of stories to a known title or genre.??

So, here's the question:? If you?were given 10-15 minutes to give an audience
(which could include?college students, faculty, library staff, and possibly others)
advice on great books to give as gifts, or general advice related to this topic,
what would you say?

I'll post a hit if there is interest.

Thanks,

Donna