Hello all,

I'm preparing to make a presentation to the elementary principals in my district in
an effort to convince them to purchase a district-wide database bundle. It's a
screaming deal- $1/student/year and includes an extensive EBSCO collection, World
Book's Complete Reference Suite, and Encyclopedia of BC's entire database. The
elementary principals are hesitant to "OK" this deal since they are unable to see
how it would benefit elementary students (we're on a "school-based budgeting" model
around here; however, we need full buy-in from the district to get the deal). There
are plenty of resources available for younger students, including Primary Search,
Middle Search Plus, World Book Kids and Novelist (K-8).
Besides proving that the resources are worthy, I am wondering if anyone knows of
any research in support of database use in an elementary setting?

Any comments, suggestions, redirection, or testimonials would be very helpful! I
need to have this together for Monday the 30th.

Thanks in advance,

Tina Sherlock
Teacher Librarian
Mamquam Elementary School