Hi, Dawn!

We allow reviews here at our middle school, and it is wonderful!
 I have the preferences set so that I must approve all reviews
before they are posted to the catalog.  I also have power of
edit--I keep the spirit of the post intact, but I clean up the
spelling & grammar.  If a review is incomplete or beyond repair,
I simply delete it.  For students who leave reviews on their
own, I give them a small campus prize.

We have had teachers add the review as a mandatory part of a
novel/book study.  In cases like this, I don't edit.  Once the
deadline has passed, I print the whole group of reviews either
from the Processing Needed page, or by creating a report.  This
way, the teachers can see the student's work in its entirety.
Only the best reviews, that need the least amount of editing
make it to the catalog, and the rest are deleted.

It has really been a good thing.  Some of my kids have really
embraced it and leave reviews for all of their checkouts!  I
love it!

Good Luck!
Denise

Dawn Westover <Dawn_Westover@MSVL.K12.WA.US> writes:
>       Our district finally upgraded our Destiny program and we can
>now add reviews of books.  I am
>wondering if you are having students write reviews and how you
>are managing that?  My seventh grade
>teachers are going to require their students to write reviews
>for the library as part of thier
>fourth quarter book projects.  Any hints would be appreciated.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a
dog, it's too dark to read."

                                    ~Groucho Marx

Mrs. Denise Kersten, M. Ed.
Librarian