I like how Tony put this.  It's a very valid point.  Who are we to discredit
or credit a book, we are not here to censor, either.  I read and love A
Million Little Pieces.  This book is shelved in our memoir section, so it
stayed true to it's dewey after the controversy.  I udnerstand parts of it
to be untrue, but when I think back to my childhood, I have many
inaccuracies as well.  In fact, when my sisters and I talk about a certain
memory, we have 3 different stories!  Neither of is to be right, it's truly
how we remember it.
We catalog A Child Called It in the child abuse section.  Even in the public
library, it is one of the most popular books on our shelf to this day!  It
raised so much awareness for child abuse, it deserves a gold medal!!  And,
every time there is controversy over it, a little more awareness is raised.

JMHO

Raynette Schulte
Young Adult Librarian
Watertown Regional Library