I was kinda surprised when I printed off the report this year at some of
the titles.  But isn't that the really neat point in doing this?

The Top Ten books at Chapman K-8 library

1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Kinney
    (I think this must be the third year in a row for this series)
2. Cats by Seymour Simon
    (This surprised me at first but then again - those first-graders grab
hold of a title and like to "share" it with all their friends)
3. I Spy series
    (no surprises here)
4. Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
    (I think the main reason for the popularity this year was a new book
accompanied by a little soft caterpillar you could remove while you
read)
5.  Point Blank by Horowitz
    (If we were only a junior high library, this would definately be the
top series)
6.  Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan
    (again, the whole series has a hard time staying on my shelf - the
number may have been higher if only I had more copies of all the
books)
7.  Dear Dumb Diary series by Benton
    (very popular with the 5th-6th grade girls)
8.  Draw Really Cool Stuff by DuBosque
    (this surprised me)
9.  Beyond the Deep Woods by Paul Stewart
    (WHAT!!! this was a complete surprise.  I wonder if maybe the same kid
kept rechecking it out making the number higher)
10. Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy by Jane O'Connor
    (I think the main draw with the little kiddies is the puppy and the
sparkles on the cover.  plus the story is kinda cute as well)

(If I took out the elementary titles, you would see titles such as Soldier
Boys by Hughes, Hunter series by Erin Hunter, Found by Haddix and of
course, the Stephenie Meyer series listed)

Give me a little bit and I can share the high school - my guess is it will
all be vampire related.

Brenda Lemon
Library Director
Chapman School District