From: Laura Pearle [mailto:lpearle@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:19 PM
To: aaslforum@ala.org; iss@ala.org; LM_NET@listserv.syr.edu; HVLA
Subject: [aaslforum] SEC: Non-readers to readers

Dear all,

The Head of our English Department asked me if I knew of any studies that show how
non-readers become readers.  I don't, but I'm sure that at least one of you do!
Specifically, he's trying to show that reading just about anything can create a
reader, it's not just "Literature" that can make that change happen.

TIA for your help!

Laura Pearle
Head Librarian
Hackley School
lpearle@gmail.com<mailto:lpearle@gmail.com>

A library is a fueling station for your mind.  -- Steve Leveen