One of our 5th grade students is in the final voting to name our new baby
elephant at the Columbus Zoo. Her entry is:

 3. Sattva (SUHT-vah) - Translated from Sanskrit, this name means "purity"
or "existence." In Hindu, individuals who are sattvic are believed to
have a good memory... going with the old adage that an elephant never
forgets. When you combine the name Sattva with that of his brother,
Bodhi, you get Bodhisattva. In Mahayana Buddhism, a Bodhisattva is
someone who uses his/her wisdom to bring others to enlightenment.

Please take a moment to visit one of the url's below to vote for Sattva.

http://www.columbuszoo.org/conservation/namethebabyelephantcontest.aspx

or tiny url:  http://tinyurl.com/cmnchr

The voting ends at midnight on May 6.

The new baby is very cute. Thank you in advance.

Connie W. Welch, Librarian
OLPH School
Grove City, OH 43123
cwelch@softhome.net