It's been a week since I last attended the most current Winners! With Judy Freeman
and once again it was fabulous.  I always come home with tons of ideas and
inspiration.

One of the books she featured was Dinosaurs vs. Bedtime. I decided to share it with
my first graders.
Yesterday as I showed off the cover one of the kids said "I saw that on TV!"
I said, "no way... it's brand new!"

Today another student said he saw it on TV. The other kids chimed in. They saw it
on Noggin.
(I have an 11 year old daughter and we don't watch Noggin)

So I googled it.  And here is the link to it on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCgr-hfgow

The author reads the book!! (well, he leaves some of it out, but we had a great
time anyway!)

I drew a little dinosaur and made copies of it and cut them out. I taped one to the
top of a piece of story paper, and on the lines I wrote DINOSAUR VS. __________
The kids are drawing and writing...... they have some fantastic ideas.
Dinosaur vs. King Kong!  Dinosaur vs. T-Rex!  Dinosaur vs. My Mom! Dinosaur vs. A
Vending Machine!!

If you haven't been to one of Judy's fantabulous workshops you need to go!  The day
flies by and you will have tons of ideas.

Karen DeFrank, Librarian
Dorothy L. Bullock Elementary School
Glassboro Public School District
370 East New Street