Thank-you to everyone who responded to my request about middle school
magazines to consider!  My original request is as follows with the hit
list following:

"I'm looking at magazine subscriptions for the middle school for next
year.  Because of budget cut-backs I want to make sure I'm only
ordering what the kids will really read. The kids are not looking at
news magazines or science magazines. They're interested more in the
recreational reading.  I would like a good variety.  Any suggestions for
other magazine titles to consider?"

Currently I'm considering the following titles:

Girls Life
Justine
Teen Vogue
Outdoor Life
Sports Illustrated
Nascar Illustrated
Ride BMX
Dirt Rider

*Suggestions for new titles:*

Justine
New Moon
Skateboarding
Sports Illustrated

We get some of the titles you list.  Girls Life is very popular.  Sports
Illustrated and Dirt Rider are both popular.  The most checked out title
we get is Sports Afield, which is more popular than Outdoor Life.  Kids
also like Nick magazine.

My kids like:
Surfer's Journal (beautiful magazine!)
People
Mental Floss
Rolling Stone
Make Magazine

Teen People is well-read at my school.

Hi! At my middle school, here are some popular titles:

J-14
Mad Kids
Transworld Skateboarding
Nintendo Power
GamePro
Game Informer

Hot Rod, Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Field & Stream, Seventeen are also
popular with jr. high here.

I'm going to add "Kiki" next year as "Justine" is always checked out.  I think my
girls will really enjoy it ! (6-8th grade)

The ones you have listed are very popular with my students, though I
don't have Teen Vogue.
Also popular with my students are Cycle World, Four Wheeler, Nick
Magazine, Motor Trend and Field and Stream.
It's harder to find good magazines for girls.  We have American Girl,
Better Homes & Gardens, Discovery Girls in addition to those you mentioned.

Sports Illustrated is the most popular magazine at our high school, but
our middle school has had better luck with Sports Illustrated for Kids –
I think it just depends on your students.  If you have readers who like
manga, Shonen Jump is a good middle school choice – by far the most
popular magazine at our middle school.

My students really like Justine, Discovery Girls, Sports Illustrated and
Sports Illustrated for Kids.

My girls love J-14.

My boys love ESPN.

I took requests for magazines to order next year.  My middle schoolers
requested Shoju Beat and Shonen Jump (manga) which I'm going to try out
instead of purchasing any more manga books for the collection.  The
girls wanted Cosmo Girl over Teen Vogue and asked me to bring back
National Geographic Kids (which I get at my elementary library, but had
canceled for the 6-12 facility).

Our most popular titles, in addition to some that you named are:
Discovery Girls, American Girl, Horse Illustrated, Gamepro, Motor Trend,
Road & Track, Sports Illustrated for Kids.
We have had a request for "six78th magazine" which is aimed at MS girls
and looks good.  We are checking to see whether our vendor carries it.

Nancy Stiner
7-12 Teacher Librarian
Iowa Falls-Alden Community School District
nstiner@po-1.iowa-falls.k12.ia.us