This is a strange request but one that I need for a summer project in our
CML, so please humor me.  *grin*

Many elementary teachers and librarians create those wonderful construction
paper trees that are either built around an existing item within the
classroom or library (like a pillar or column) or one that is attached to a
wall but which has sprawling limbs that reach across the ceilings from which
items (such as photos, leaves, etc.) can be hanging.

I would like our student workers (elementary majors) to create a library
tree on one of our walls here in the CML, but I don't have any photographs
OR directions about how to do this.  I've tried to explain what the tree
would look like and I always get excited about what can be done with the
tree each month throughout the year...but my student workers look at me with
doubt and a little worry because I don't think they've actually seen one.

SO...if you have directions, photographs, website links, or personal
experiences in building / creating one of the construction paper trees that
grow on a library / classroom wall, could you send me the information?  I
need to show these "baby teachers" what this looks like and how it can be
used with our summer program (which will include things like series books---
Magic Treehouse; and outdoor adventures, hiking, camping, and nature ---see
the pretty trees?)  You get the idea.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  I will add this information
to the OSU-CML wiki for future teachers and librarians to use when they are
ready to build their own forests!

Thanks!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Curriculum Materials Librarian

http://okschoollibrarians.wikispaces.com
http://okschoollibrarians.ning.com/

"Digital Resources" columnist
School Library Journal

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get
you through times of no libraries." ~ Library Poster