A colleague of mine has been facilitating meetings  with sixth grade
teachers on the use of mentor text in the reading and writing
workshop. They wanted to discuss essay writing as a unit of study and
were unable to come up with titles of compilations of essays written
for middle schoolers - there are short stories, but not essays.
Off the tip of my hat I can not come up with a title - -I'm thinking
about it though.
So can any of you know a title that will give my thinking a boost
would you share the title/compiler with me --  if you know of any
such books - or even books that have essays as a part of them?
Perhaps you could point us in the right direction.

Thank you very much,
Sharron

--
Sharron L. McElmeel
http://www.mcelmeel.com

McBookwords (a literacy organization)
http://www.mcbookwords.com/

Instructor - University of Wisconsin-Stout
Children's Literature in the Reading Program
http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/childrenslit/
Young Adult Literature in the Reading Program
http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/yalit/

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562