Hello.  My library was built with a contained conference room.  Several years ago I
used it as my teaching space and would bring classes in for lessons using a
SmartBoard and projector.  With our school undergoing major re-design and
construction the past 3 years, that space has been used for administrative and
counselor offices.  Now construction is finished and the room is empty.  Each
classroom in our building now has media systems with projectors, so I can go to any
classroom and teach and don't need a designated space.  I'm faced with the dilemma
of how to use that conference room now.  I'm afraid that if I don't find a positive
use for the space, it may be used as a classroom or storage area in time.  Not
necessarily a bad thing, but I wonder if there's a better use.
Do any of you have any creative ideas of how I can best use that space for
students?  I'm thinking about a reading chat room or lounge, but I'm sure many of
you have better ideas.  I would love to hear them.
Thanking you in advance.

Anita Booher, M.Ed.
Librarian
Park City High School
Park City, UT  84060
(435) 645-5650
abooher@pcschools.us

"The library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than
all the wars in history." Carl Thomas Rowan