Yes - many definitely jet ski around flitting from place to place -
rather than looking deeply, thinking deeply and checking sources.  From
what I read, the newspapers are also cutting the budgets that would
allow adequate research and source checking.  Since that is the main
advantage a print source has to offer - then it seems that the death of
newspapers cannot be far off.  In spite of their flaws, i will miss
them....

Jacquie

“Education is not about filling a pail, it’s about lighting a fire."  ~
William Butler Yeats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)
Gananda Central School District
3195 Wiedrick Road
P.O. Box 609
Macedon, NY  14502
315-986-3521 x 3144
jhenry@gananda.org
Library Page: http://www.gananda.org/library/mshslibrary/indexgcl.htm
Blog - Library Links For Teachers: http://rachslibrary.edublogs.org/
Blog - WanderingsL
http://wanderings.edublogs.org/
>>> "Barbara COMBES" <b.combes@ecu.edu.au> 05/11/09 3:51 AM >>>
Major issue - this new generation of journalists do not have the skills
to research real news or deep sea dive.
:|
BC

Vice President, Advocacy & Promotion, IASL: www.iasl-online.org
LIS@ECU: http://www.chs.ecu.edu.au/portals/LIS/index.php
Australian School Library Research Project:
http://www.chs.ecu.edu.au/portals/ASLRP/
Barbara Combes, Lecturer
School of Computer and Information Science Edith Cowan University, Perth
Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9370 6072
Email: b.combes@ecu.edu.au

"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that
of an ignorant nation." Walter Cronkite

This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify me immediately by return email or telephone and destroy
the original message.