Good Morning Netters;
I would like to pick your brains this morning.  How many of you allow your
kindergarten students to take books home?  This is my first year back with
kindergarten after a 9 year run with high school.  I was in a rotation this year
where I saw a class for one week at a time once per six weeks.  It was actually
seven with kindergarten as we have seven k classes.  I did not feel that this type
of schedule was conducive to letting the kinders take their books home.  Right now
they check books out under their teachers' name and keep them in centers in the
classroom.  I have been approached by the kindergarten to allow student checkouts
and take home next year.  I don't have a problem with that if the scheduling gets
better (I am told that it will be), but I would like to wait until after
Thanksgiving or Christmas to get their routine down.  What is your policy?  I would
appreciate your imput.

Francy Rains, Librarian
West Elementary
10101 Fulton Avenue