My school purchased about 8 Computers on Wheels (COWs) carts four years ago.  Each
cart holds 24 laptops.  The COWs tend to get lost in the building and teachers have
not always been good about reporting problems with the laptops to our tech
department.  So, the technology department has decided that the library should
begin circulating the COWs to create a centralized system of circulation.  However,
tracking down the COWs when they get "misplaced" and handling all the work orders
for laptop issues seems daunting.

I am trying to gather some information about what happens elsewhere before we have
our formal meeting about the transfer of the COWs to our library.  Do you have COWs
at your school?  Does the library circulate and/or house them?  If the library is
in charge of the COWs in your building, please let me know how many staff members
work in the library and how many students are at your school.

You can respond to me off list.

Jennifer Markus
Librarian
East High School, Cheyenne, WY