As always, Texas librarians, please excuse the cross posting.  :-)

 Also, we're getting closer to getting the Teacher Tube group working--we're
at 168 members....bear with us!  I do think it's our best bet for posting
our trailers to a place where the most students and librarians will be able
to view and download them.  Right now we're trying to figure out why the
videos that are uploaded won't play when you click on them.  I owe a  HUGE
thank you to Camille Powell, who is even more tenacious than me when dealing
with tech people!

Anyway, imagine the power a site where kids could view LOADS of trailers,
all in one place will be--here's my testimony to the power of just one
trailer!!

*This book was rarely checked out of my library until I showed the trailer
created by Christine Acosta…now it’s never on the shelf!  Thanks, Christine!
* *THE AFTERLIFE, by Gary Soto posted by Rebeca,
Freshman<http://pettushs.blogspot.com/2009/05/afterlife-by-gary-soto-posted-by-rebeca.html>
*

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_egYGOySPHQw/SgrVK1B4vaI/AAAAAAAAAoU/hYCiKb1YQqo/s1600-h/afterlife.jpg>THE
AFTERLIFE

by Gary Soto

AR:  Yes

Interest Level:  Upper Grades

 Two words:  LOVED IT!  This book was incredible!  I didn't know about this
book until I saw the book trailer that one of Mrs. Schauer's friends created
for it.  (Thanks for showing it to me, Mrs. Schauer!)  I'm glad I watched it
if not I would never have known about this great book.

So, Chuy dies and lives on as a ghost after they murder him in the restroom
of  Club Estrella.  He goes on seeing that people actually did love him .
 Shuy travels around to places that he would not have imagined going when he
was alive.

In a way, Chuy finds himself helping other people.  Chuy also seems to have
found his true love.  Can ghosts really fall in love? How can he make most
of it?  I would tell you the rest of the story, but then you wouldn't have a
reason to read this fantastic book.  I REALLY recommend it!

 *Link to trailer:
http://tafthslibrary.blogspot.com/2009/05/digital-booktrailer-for-afterlife-by.html
*

--