Citizendium is not a Wikipedia "product."  Larry Sanger, one of the original
editors of Nupedia, the forerunner of Wikipedia, and of Wikipedia, started
Citizendium as an attempt to correct some of the quality problems that Wikipedia
has.  It has, I think, run into the same problem that the original Nupedia has:
the quality assurance process takes time.  Nupedia started back in 2000/2001 with a
long list of subject editors and committees (I happened to jump in there as editor
of the library and information science subject area, when I noticed that the
original announcement from Larry Sanger  library and information science was not
included; needless to say, there was no remuneration associated with it), and a
peer review system that took months to complete, because everyone who was involved
did not really have the time on top of everything else they were doing to read and
edit articles.  I think in the about 3-4 years I was associated with it, we only
got one article published.  One of the earliest webpages from Nupedia is archived
at http://tinyurl.com/oyj99z

Citizendium apparently does not use experts as Nupedia did--see its Myths and Facts
page at http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/CZ:Myths_and_Facts

Johan Koren, Assoc. Prof.
Coordinator, Library Media Program
College of Education