Thank you to all those who took the time to reply to my request for information
literacy  models
that are not Big 6.

Here is the list that can be added to those in my original request ...

In NYC, we have developed an Information Fluency Continuum framed around
an inquiry model developed by our director, Barbara Stripling. Go to:

 http://schools.nyc.gov/Academics/LibraryServices/StandardsandCurriculum/default.htm

and click on Information Fluency Continuum. It is quite long (54 pages),
but the inquiry framework is summarized in the first few pages.
<<<

Take a look at FLIP it! -- see http://www.aliceinfo.org/flipit/ I developed it with
a group of 7th
graders, who then taught it to 4th graders.  (Several sent me this!)
<<<

What about the I-search model?  http://virtualinquiry.com/inquiry/isearch.htm
<<<

The Florida Research Model is called FINDS (Focus, Investigate, Note, Develop,
Score).
http://www.sunlink.ucf.edu/finds/
<<<

http://www.sdst.org/shs/library/questions.html
Essential Questions developed by Jamie McKenzie http://questioning.org/ is often
used here in the
United States
<<<

I will send al lthese to the person I am mentoring so she can assess which one will
meet her needs.

Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian