I need your help!!

I need to clean up my files in Athena. I am new to this
school and trying to delete kids from the system that have graduated this year
or in past years. One student, for example, has a book checked out to her and
marked as overdue from 2007.

The bar code number for that overdue book is: 9780606176057

Most of my bar code numbers are 4- or 5-digits… So anyway, I
tried to enter this long barcode number in the “check in” screen, but got the
message “item
not found in the collection. Then I tried to check the “item status” of this
long barcoded item. When that didn’t work, I went to “delete title,” but the
item
was not deleted because it wasn’t listed in the system to begin with.

My problem, however, is that I can’t delete this graduate with
an overdue item on her account, but I can’t make the overdue go away either. Is
there a step I’m missing somehow???

Please help me figure this out.—There are several students
with long barcodes that I cannot exorcise from the system.

~April van Buren

MsRyanPCHS@yahoo.com

District Librarian, Certified
Journalism Educator