Finally, after trying to do the conversion around all other
activities, we may have funds available to have Alexandria put our
elementary library online. As we have no shelf list cards, what kind
of MARC records do you think we can get if we supply an ISBN number
for around 6,500 books. I am worried that we may get a large print
hardback title record for a paperback book we have that might include
no summary, no AR info, wrong pub, etc, etc. Since we eventually have
to go through and drag in pictures of titles, but I don't want to have
to fix huge portions of every record or we might as well have taken 2
or 3 years to get the records imported ourselves. Any ideas based on
experience out there? (Please don't comment on fact we are just now
getting online---it is embarrassing and frustrating enough to have
tried for 13 years to get this done.)

Tracie Pruitt, District Librarian
Jayhawk-Linn High School
PO Box D