Ok - it's the time of year when we all complain about our irresponsible
patrons.  But what are your best stories from the other side of the
Circulation Desk.

Here is mine:

Two summers ago, I took my daughters to our local public library for their
summer reading program.  On our second visit, we returned our books and went
to look for some others.  When we got back to the circulation desk, my
record still showed the first batch of books were checked out, but they took
my word that we had turned them in.  Well, a week later when we went back,
the books were still on my record and I wasn't allowed to check out.  So
there I was, on the other side of the desk, saying "I know I turned those
books in" and feeling rather foolish.  How many times have I heard that
line?  Long story short, a student helper had shelved them without checking
them in... and shelved them in the wrong place.  (Do you really need to use
the numbers after the decimal point?)  I found them only because I knew what
they looked like and cruised the Dewey books looking for the book with the
bright blue spine!

Cindy Rogers, MLS

Librarian

IDEA Academy

IDEA College Preparatory

401 South 1st Street

Donna, TX  78537

O (956) 377-8083

F (956) 464-8532

crogers@ideapublicschools.org

http://www.ideapublicschools.org

IDEA Public Schools are dedicated to providing students with the academic,
social, and leadership skills needed to apply, matriculate, and succeed in a
four-year college or university.

"In the nonstop tsunami of global information, librarians provide us with
floaties and teach us how to swim." -- Linton Weeks, Washington Post