What do you do with staff members who swear they returned their book(s) when you
know they didn't?  I have one teacher here who checks out stacks of books every
time she comes in with her class.  She currently has 19 books that she checked out
in February.  I told her last week that she really needs to turn them in.  Imagine
how thrilled I was when her students came in carrying the books.  Then, imagine my
frustration when I realized they were all from the local public library.  She did
the same thing again this week.  I know next week, when all the books are due,
she'll swear she turned them in, and she probably did....to the local public
library!  She does this to me every year.  This past fall she returned books that
she had from three years ago, so I guess I'll get this year's books in 2012!  What
do you say to someone like that?  I wish I could refuse to let her check out books,
but I don't think that would fly with the administration.

Thanks for listening.
Lisa Jessup
Library Clerk
Pendleton Elementary School