A student came in with his overdue and Must be Returned to Take Finals
note and said he's never checked out a book and didn't have this book.
We looked on the shelf and the book was not there.  He had the money so
I took it and said it would be refunded if book was found.  The same day
I received an e-mail from his mother with same story and that they had
looked up the book on the internet and he had never seen it.
The next morning I had another e-mail in which the Mom said she and her
son were talking last night how frustrated he was that he had to pay for
the book.  His sister overheard and went to her book bag and pulled out
the book!   We had made a mistake in checking it out to wrong person.
But I showed the sister the date due card with due date fifteen days
earlier.

And I mentioned the due date card when I e-mailed the mother that yes I
was glad, too that the mystery was solved.

 And I have one or two students come in and say my name is on the list
and I don't have a book out.  I look and say your name is not on my list
- what does it say you owe?  They answer   - the bookkeeper!

Peggy Ochs

Librarian

Bishop Carroll Catholic High School

8901 West Central Ave

Wichita, KS 67212

316-729-5279

ochspeggy@bcchs.org

A book is a garden carried in your pocket.

                                                 Chinese Proverb