I have had a special summer reading session for students for years, and
would like to have a theme of a sort this year.  I want the students to read
classics and then we'll watch a movie based on the book. (i.e. Pride and
Prejudice etc.)

Would you suggest some of your favorites???  I really haven't watched a lot
of movies  from the classics, except P & P, Great Expectations, (well ALL of
the Masterpiece theatres' Chas. Dickens series) can't think of any others.

I especially would appreciate suggestions on books/movies that the boys
would enjoy. I don't think I have any boys signed up that could finish Last
of the Mohicans!

Thanks bunches!! I'll post a hit if others are interested.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Sharon Koontz, K-12 Librarian
USD 286
Sedan KS 67361
koontzs@usd286-sedan-ks.org

Currently reading: Kansas William Allen White Children's Reading List Books

"Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle
of it." -- P. J. O'Rourke

"Never judge a book by its movie" -- J. W. Eagan

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry, and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way." --from The Philadelphia Inquirer 9-20-03