I think having retirees in the group is great!  We need their wisdom.
Also - retirees (sometimes) have more time to explore issues in depth.
We need their perspective and the benefit of their increased "thinking
time".

Besides that - retirees often go on to other occupations or volunteer
jobs.  that gives them even more to contribute to the group.

STAY  STAY   STAY   STAY!!!!

Jacquie

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where
people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of
employing wild animals as librarians...."   (Monty Python)

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way." ~ The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03

“Education is not about filling a pail, it’s about lighting a fire."  ~
William Butler Yeats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)
Gananda Central School District
3195 Wiedrick Road
P.O. Box 609
Macedon, NY  14502
315-986-3521 x 3144
jhenry@gananda.org
Library Page: http://www.gananda.org/webpages/hslibrary/
Blog - Library Links For Teachers: http://rachslibrary.edublogs.org/
Blog - Wanderings
http://wanderings.edublogs.org/

>>> On 5/22/2009 at 11:09 AM, in message
<B03658CDE40D4054937035C20DC24FDD@Librarymaster>, Toni Koontz
<akoontz@CDEDUCATION.ORG> wrote:
I have a question and would like your opinion.  I have a colleague who
is thinking of retiring and I am planning on retiring at the end of this
school year.  We would like to know if there is any reason why we should
no longer be on LM_Net once we are retired. True, we would not be
currently in a library position, but we both find the list very
interesting and I know I feel as though all of you are friends and
family. I also feel that, with our years of experience, we could still
be helpful.

Any thoughts? Is there any constraints  on those who are no longer in a
school position?

I know I intend to do some volunteering, and since I have a grandson in
school, would like to keep abreast of what is happening in schools.

Anyone have the answers to our concerns?

Please respond to me personally and I will be glad to post the list if
there is interest in the results.

Toni Koontz
Librarian
St. Charles Preparatory School
Columbus, Ohio
akoontz@cdeducation.org
Carpe Diem

To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to:
listserv@listserv.syr.edu

* EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm ( http://lm/
)-net.info/join.html
* LM_NET Supporters: