That isn't the one.  It is a newer one.  The one I was thinking of is
referred to on the Bobby Bare page on the website you listed.
"Returning to RCA after a stint at Mercury Records, Bobby Bare teamed up
with songwriter Shel Silverstein
<http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:aifexqq5ldhe> for 1973's
/Bobby Bare Sings Lullabys, Legends and Lies/
<http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:hpfuxqwgldte>. The idea of
the record is clearly laid out in the title -- this album is a
collection of American tall tales and myths, all filtered through
Silverstein <http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:aifexqq5ldhe>'s
signature humor (sometimes silly, sometimes clever, sometimes
sentimental, sometimes slyly lewd) and delivered with Bare's signature
warm, friendly manner."

It is a good album that I still listen to but not as often anymore.

Carl Seale semi-retired
cbseale@sbcglobal.net
http://www.antiquesnthings.net

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know."
Abraham Lincoln