Thanks for the great ideas I got from so many of you.  No one else seems to have
done something like this, so I used suggestions and also emailed the librarians at
our community college and university for their ideas as well.

One topic I wanted to cover was using wikis for collaborative work.  Rather than
have a separate section on this, I decided to create some links and use a wiki to
demo some of the topics.  Here's a link to the wiki I created.
http://collegereadiness.wikispaces.com/

We don't show our students citation generators as most of our teachers prefer to
show them how to do citations by hand so they know when the generators are
incorrect.  Likewise some of our teachers show students the thesis generator,
however, this particular teacher prefers to work with them to create a thesis on
their own.  We introduced them and that gave her an opportunity to explain how she
felt about them.

Additionally, these students completed a 4 day web page evaluation lesson with me
about a month prior which tied in beautifully with this unit.

When I introduced LC vs. Dewey, I simply used this in part to break up the lesson.
I handed out LC numbers to each student, had 3 sides of the room labeled as A-G,
H-M and N-Z and then students were to go to their section and arrange themselves.
It only took a few minutes, gave students the information that this was simply the
alphabet and they could find their materials, and I had two students end up with
the same call number.  I asked them their birthdates and then organized the two by
that.  It was great to have them get a chance to stand up and move a bit in the
middle of the lesson.

I used quite a few quotes from the college and university librarians to give
students an idea of what the next level sees and recommends.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need anything further or if you do this type
of lesson, your successes.