To this wonderful, vibrant, community, Thank you,

What would I do without all of you? I can't imagine opening my email and not seeing
the LM_Net folder fill up with interesting problems, comments, humor, vents - and
of course - Recipe Day. I have received so many beautiful emails from those who
expressed pretty much the same thing - that our retirees are valuable assets and
definitely should continue to belong to this marvelous community.  I hope I have
not missed thanking anyone who responded to me.   I have kept each and every one.
I went through and copied a few of the messages to share with all of you, and I
omitted the names as I did not ask beforehand to publish those,  - and of course, I
must  tell all that I found Barbara Braxton's post so very relevant and insightful.

Again, thank you- retiring is scary enough and it helps to know that there are so
many friends out there ...

--Please stay on. Experience and wisdom is most needed when we wonder about
things!

-- Toni, I retired five years ago, and I still maintain a presence on LM-Net.  I
still consult some, and speak at conferences and serve as a region representative
for the California School Library Association.  I consider LM-Net as a vital link
to 'libraryland'.  It keeps me up to speed on what issues are of concern to school
librarians, nation-wide.
-- I am sure I have heard from retired people on LM_net and I don't think there is
any requirement to leave.  I too would be honored for them to care enough to
continue to share their opinions and experience.

-- Your input is so valuable-- I say stay on lurk when you want and add when you
want.  Do it on your terms.  If you don't go on for a week, don't despair (if it
builds up just delete!).
If our retirees leave the job and don't stay on with us (online) we lose
so much valuable information and feedback.  We need it!
--If our retirees leave the job and don't stay on with us (online) we lose
so much valuable information and feedback.  We need it!
--I,personally,would love to see you stay on and share your knowledge and
experience- we have lost enough people from the list serve already this year. i do
not remember seeing anything that said you MUST be employed to be on the list.

Toni Koontz
Librarian
St. Charles Preparatory School
Columbus, Ohio